Welcome aboard Jason
Grace Lawyers is proud to announce the appointment of Jason Carlson as leader of their Queensland operation.
The firm has been very pleased with how things have grown since outgoing Partner James Nickless took charge some two years ago. Since establishing the Queensland practice over 8 years ago,
it has grown to a substantial practice with its base in Brisbane servicing all of Queensland. James built on the solid start in the marketplace from which the firm can now move even further ahead.
‘I would like to personally thank James for all his hard work in improving the Queensland base and wish him all the best as he ventures back into the commercial world” said Colin Grace, Founding Partner of Grace Lawyers.
‘The arrival of Jason Carlson into the Grace Lawyers team is seen as a natural progression - and very much part of the strategic direction of the firm. Jason has a comprehensive knowledge of strata law, significant experience in it and is known to all in the Queensland legal market as a lawyer with ambition and a new spark’, he added.
Jason is one of those rare lawyers that has acted on both litigious and transactional matters involving bodies corporate for a number of years. In recognition of his industry experience he has been appointed to the legislative committee of Strata Community Australia (QLD) since 2013.
His breadth of knowledge includes:
- Advising bodies corporate on compliance and governance issues arising under the Body Corporate and Community Management Act and its regulation modules.
- Acting for all stakeholders in the strata industry in dispute resolution matters, including before the Commissioner’s Office, QCAT and all Queensland Courts.
- Acting for numerous bodies corporate in assignments and variations of management rights to secure improved performance-indicators and balanced caretaking duties.
- Acting for bodies corporate in building defect matters, including Court litigation and reviews of QBSA / QBCC decisions about the rectification of defective building work.
- Acting for and advising principal, primary thoroughfare and subsidiary bodies corporate regulated by the Integrated Resort Development Act, Building Units and Group Titles Act 1980, Mixed Use Developments Act and Sanctuary Cove Resort Act.
The quality of his work in the strata industry has seen him recognised as one of the best young dispute resolution lawyers in Australia by him being named as a finalist in the Lawyers Weekly 30 under 30 competition. He was one of only two finalists in that category from Queensland, and the only finalist practicing in strata and body corporate law.
In closing, Colin added, ‘Jason is the new breed in lawyers in QLD and the industry generally. He is a proven entity that moves with the times and sets new goals into the future. He knows his stuff. I am thrilled he has chosen Grace Lawyers over his other opportunities as he will drive the QLD operation to its full potential.’